If you live in a Columbia University dorm, there are twelve 24-hour access practice rooms on-campus for students with CUID. These rooms are first-come, first-serve:
- 6 in Schapiro Hall / 115th St. between Broadway & Riverside, lower level
- 3 in Broadway Hall* (keys required) / 556 W. 114th Street: rooms 201, 202, and 203
- 3 in East Campus* (keys required) / 70 Morningside Dr.: 7th, 9th, and 11th floors
- 7 in Teachers College (available for reservation 7 hours/week; rent fee required) / 525 W. 120th Street - inquire in 520A Horace Mann
*$30 cash key deposit required, refunded upon return of key at the end of year
- available for public use in Lerner Hall, John Jay Hall, Wallach Hall, and Wien Hall. Accessible via CUID.
- 3 in Carman Hall / 545 W. 115th Street: first floor
- 1 in Hogan Hall - Columbia-Juilliard Exchange students ONLY / 566 W. 114th Street
PRACTICE ROOM POLICIES
- Do not leave litter or belongings in any practice room when you leave.
- Be alert to safety considerations. If you suspect someone is abusing practice room use, report it to the guard on duty or to CU Public Safety at once, and leave the area. Be especially careful after hours.
- Do not alter, abuse, or otherwise mark any piano. Grand pianos should not be moved any more than necessary, and covers should be left in the closed position when you leave.
- When there is a wait for rooms, please limit your practice time to no more than one hour.
- Report all issues with any practice rooms or pianos to the Music Performance Program (mpp [at] columbia.edu
VIOLATION OF THESE POLICIES WILL RESULT IN REVOKED ACCESS