This merit and need based scholarship awards funds for students who wish to study an instrument that Columbia does not offer or with a teacher who is not a Columbia Music Associate. Auditions are required and take place during the first week of classes. These auditions can be used to place you in chamber music ensembles as well.
- Sealed letter of recommendation from your instructor with details of their lesson fee per hour due by the end of the change-of-program-period.
- Prepare two contrasting pieces or movements to showcase your technical and musical abilities.
- Priority is given to Columbia College students who wish to study an instrument not represented at the College.
- You should already have studied with this teacher for 6 months prior to auditioning for the Dolan Prize.
- You must be a participant of the Music Performance Program (one year commitment) in order to receive funding.
AUDITION SIGN UPS ARE NOW AVAILABLE! CLICK THE BUTTON BELOW!
Congratulations to the Dolan Prize Winners of 2015-2016!
Below are the distinguished musicians and instructors of the students of the Music Performance Program who received the Dolan Prize this year.
Alexandre Moutouzkine, piano
Aaron Rosand, violin
Yousun Chung, oboe
Steve Nelson, vibraphone
Eteri Audjapanidze, piano
Seymour Bernstein, piano
Patrick Jee, cello
Eugene Levinson, bass
Stefan Jackiw, violin
Michael Daves, bluegrass guitar and voice
Martin Canin, piano
Asya Meshberg, violin
Golda Tatz, piano
Paula Rand, voice
Sarah Wolfson, voice
Yoobin Son, flute