- Private instruction and ensembles require only one audition.
- Students interested in participating in both jazz and classical lessons/ensembles will need to audition for both separately.
- Chamber ensembles receive 12 hours of coaching per semester.
- Students receive one credit and a letter grade per semester.
- Students who pass their audition will be placed in a group and expected to meet for rehearsals once a week outside of coachings.
- An end-of-semester performance is required.
- There are no additional fees for your participation in a chamber ensemble.
- Multiple ensembles are possible if you are so interested - please note that on your audition form.
SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION
- Auditions for the 2020-2021 year will be live on Zoom, Tuesday, September 8th from 9:00am-1:00pm pm in 5 minute slots, and Thursday September 10th from 12:00-8:00pm in five minute slots. *Please see specific tabs on Audition page to sign up.
- Online audition sign up will be available in mid August.
THE DAY OF
- Arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time to fill out the audition form, tune, and organize your scores.
- Sign up online in August for a slot.
- Please prepare two contrasting pieces or movements from solo repertoire.
- You will also be asked to sight-read a short music selection.
- You will receive an email regarding placement, registration, and instructor information.
- If we are not able to place you with an instructor or ensemble, you will be notified and may be placed on the waitlist.
- You will need to contact your instructor and other members of the ensemble to set up a mutually agreeable time to meet during the semester.
Participation in the MPP is a year-long commitment. All students must re-audition each Fall (no auditions are held in the Spring semester).
Add to Page: