Starting in Fall 2018, the lesson fee will be $300 per semester for all students - the second-lowest rate among our peer institutions. Each student will receive six (6) hours of lessons each semester.
Columbia/Barnard undergraduate students are eligible to take private instrumental lessons for credit through the Music Performance Program. Auditions are required and are held during the first week of classes in the fall semester.
Online audition sign up will be available in August, three weeks before auditions.
We offer private instruction for the following instruments:
- Jazz Piano: Bruce Barth, Victor Lin, Andy Milne, Helen Sung
- Jazz Drums/Percussion: Vince Cherico, Tony Moreno, Adriano Santos
- Jazz Acoustic Bass: Ugonna Okegwo
- Jazz Electric Bass: Leo Traversa
- Jazz Saxophone: Ole Mathisen
- Jazz Trumpet: Don Sickler
- Jazz Trombone: David Gibson
- Jazz Voice: Christine Correa
- Jazz Guitar: Paul Bollenback
- Jazz Vibraphone
- Jazz Orchestration
- Jazz Composition
Students who audition and register for lessons receive six hours of lessons per semester. Lessons are taken for one credit and students receive a pass/fail grade for their participation.