THE DOLAN PRIZE
This merit- and need-based scholarship award funds for students who wish to study an instrument that Columbia does not offer or with a teacher who is not a Columbia Music Associate. Auditions are required and take place during the first week of classes.
Auditions for the Dolan Prize take place at the same time as our regular MPP auditions during the first week of classes.
- Sealed letter of recommendation from your instructor with details of their lesson fee per hour. Letters may be brought to the audition or to Dr. Magdalena Stern-Baczewska's office in 618 Dodge by the end of the change-of-program-period.
- Prepare two contrasting pieces or movements to showcase your technical and musical abilities.
- Priority is given to Columbia College students who wish to study an instrument not represented at the College.
- You should already have studied with this teacher for 6 months prior to auditioning for the Dolan Prize.
- You must be a participant of the Music Performance Program (one year commitment) in order to receive funding.