Richard and Brooke Kamin Rapaport Summer Music Performance Fellowship
Thanks to the generosity of Columbia College alumnus Richard Rapaport, you can receive funding to study at a summer music festival of your choice!
Auditions are open only to Columbia College (Barnard, GS, and SEAS not eligible) instrumentalists, vocalists, composers, and conductors. PRIORITY GIVEN to those who have played an active role in the Music Performance Program. *Please note that graduating seniors are not eligible for this fellowship.
- Prepare two contrasting works or movements to showcase your technical and music abilities.
- Minimum of prepared music should be 10 minutes. We will stop the participants as necessary.
- Any festival brochures or materials with pertinent information regarding tuition.
- A sealed letter of recommendation from your teacher.
- A letter of acceptance from the festival, which also states the funds needed.
- Proof of application will also be considered from applicants who have not yet received acceptance from summer festivals, as long as the application has been made prior to the audition.
- The festival should have a strong international reputation and competitive criteria for acceptance.
*All required documents must be submitted at the time of audition. Late submissions (except for the notification of acceptance) do not guarantee eligibility.
- Composers should submit two original scores and audio recording of piece in addition to sealed recommendation letter and acceptance letter/proof of application from the festival.
- Conductors should submit a 10-minute video of their conducting lesson in addition to sealed recommendation letter from teacher and acceptance letter/proof of application from the festival.